Term One Teacher Workshops have now been set:
Thursday 2 March, Goldfields School, Paeroa
Coromandel/ Hauraki/Matamata Piako
Monday 6 March, Te Kauwhata Primary
Tuesday 7 March, Tamahere Primary
Wednesday 8 March, Hilltop School, Taupo
Thursday 9 March, Tokoroa North School, South Waikato
The purpose of these workshops is to:
- To explore deepening of the Enviroschools Programme: Enviroschools kaupapa, Guiding Principles, whole school approach, action learning cycle tools and resources
- To consider how our focus for this year “Creating Catalysts for Change” might inspire young people towards action for a sustainable future.
- To support new lead teachers and existing lead teachers in their school journey.
- New teachers/principals to plan for action in 2017 – begin building a vision
- New lead teachers are empowered – know where to access support and build networks
- Whole school engagement in Enviroschools can be achieved (moving beyond lone lead teacher responsibility is demonstrated).
- Teachers understand the cornerstones/non negotiables of the programme
- To enthuse teachers in focus of Creating Catalysts for Change
Please register with your facilitator the date that you can attend. More than one teacher per school is able to attend and Principals are encouraged to attend. You are welcome to go to a venue out of your district if your preferred location/date doesn’t suit.
More details on timing and what to bring will be forthcoming.